The Toronto Argonauts’ Huddle Up Bullying Prevention Program, presented by Tim Hortons, is an all-encompassing initiative for students to influence positive change in their school community. Since its inception in 2001, the program has impacted over 600,000 students ages 8-18, empowering them to make a difference speaking up when faced with bullying.
Through the program, Toronto Argonauts players, cheerleaders and program staff work together to make schools safe and inclusive. The program messages are tailored to students that have been identified to be transition stages of elementary school and high school, Grades 6-10 (exceptions are sometimes made for schools wanting to include Grades 4 and 5). Through the collaboration with The Canadian Safe School Network and PrevNet, the program has adapted to the evolving dynamics of school bullying and positive relationships.
The Huddle Up Bullying Prevention program structure is:
- Committee Meeting – (October-January) Students from various facets of bullying are empowered by the Argonauts to lead their messages before, during and after the assembly align with the messages of the Huddle UP program. (45 minutes)
- Program Assembly – (January-April) The assembly consists of powerful personal testimony from an Argos player, cheerleader and a trained staff member, combined with your student committee’s messages and platform. This assembly has important messaging to assist you in improving your school culture. (For larger school populations an Additional Assembly can be discussed) (60 minutes)
If you are interested in receiving information regarding optional Huddle Up programming components involving Parent Information sessions, please indicate so in the submission form.
Program resources include:
- Posters for display around the school
- Huddle Up T-shirts for your committee members (10)
- Electronic resources to assist your committee and their teacher/parent advisor through the duration of the program
For More Information: Contact
School administrators and teachers, to register the Huddle Up Program to your school please fill out the following form below:
NOTE: The school will only be considered when filled out by a school administrator, teacher or school social support worker.