BMO & Argos Community Coach Awards – Official Rules
- BMO & Argos Community Coach Awards – Official Rules
- How to Enter: No Purchase or Transaction Necessary to Enter or Win. Purchases or transactions will not increase your chances of winning. From July 25, 2017 at 7:30 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) through October 11, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Contest End Date”), fans can submit nominations for the BMO & Argos Community Coach Award (“Contest”). Fans can submit a nomination form on-line at http://www.argonauts.ca/bmo-argos-community-coach-awards/ by completing the required fields, including the nominator’s contact information together with a description in 250 words or less that answers the following question: “Tell us a story about how your coach demonstrates a commitment to developing their football players, and drives leadership and mentorship amongst their team, on and off the field”, and confirming that he or she has read, understood and agreed to the Official Rules. No entries will be accepted after the Contest End Date. Entries become the property of Toronto Argonauts Football Club (the “Sponsor”) and will not be returned.
- Eligibility: Nominees for the BMO & Argos Community Coach Award must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of his or her nomination and a resident of Ontario residing in the Greater Toronto Area. Nominees must be a certified minor football league coach; coaching for a minor football league team or high school. Nominees must be natural persons and they and their immediate families (defined as spouses and individuals living in the same household) must not be employees of the Sponsor, Bank of Montreal (“BMO”), the Canadian Football League (“CFL”) and the CFL’s member teams (collectively, the “CFL Entities”) or any of their respective affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies. Nominators must be natural persons, over 18 years of age, and residents of Ontario, and they and their immediate families (defined as spouses and individuals living in the same household) must not be employees of the Sponsor, BMO, the CFL Entities or any of their respective affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies.
- Judging Criteria: Nomination forms will be reviewed by an independent judging panel appointed by the Sponsor. Judges will select six (6) BMO & Argos Community Coach Award winners (each a “Contest Winner”) in their sole discretion. Contest Winners will be selected based on the following criteria: (a) leadership; (b) commitment; (c) mentorship. The judges will select one (1) Contest Winner on or about each of the following Selection Dates from among all eligible entries received prior to such Selection dates:
SELECTION DATE FOR THE GAME DATE July 25, 2017 August 3, 2017 August 8, 2017 August 19, 2017 September 5, 2017 September 16, 2017 September 12, 2017 September 23, 2017 September 26, 2017 October 7, 2017 October 11, 2017 October 21, 2017
Non-winning entries submitted prior to a Selection Date will be carried over and considered eligible to be selected as a winner on the next Selection Date, if any.
- Prizes: The Contest Winners will be honored during a Toronto Argonauts game during a stoppage of play, and the presentation will incorporate a video-board feature highlighting the winner. Each Contest Winner will receive 52 game tickets to the Toronto Argonauts Game at which they will be honored for the winner and a guest, a $100 BMO prepaid card, a Toronto Argonauts Jersey, and will be presented with a trophy. The Contest Winner and a guest will be invited to a VIP tour of BMO Field on the date of the Toronto Argonauts Game at which they will be honoured. The dates of the award presentation games will be:
Presentation Date August 3, 2017 August 19, 2017 September 16, 2017 September 23, 2017 October 7, 2017 October 21, 2017
Presentation dates are subject to change in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The approximate retail value of each prize is $2,500.00.
Each nominee is only eligible to win one prize. All other expenses not specifically included above are the sole responsibility of the Contest Winner, including but not limited to the following costs: transportation for the Contest Winner and his or her guests to and from BMO Field, parking, food, beverages and souvenir items. All taxes associated with participation in or receipt or use of a prize from the Contest will be the responsibility of the Contest Winner. The Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may substitute or alter any prize for one of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash or otherwise, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Awarding of Prize: Nominators of the selected Contest Winners will be contacted by e-mail based on the contact information provided in the entry form within two (2) days of the Selection Date. The Contest Winner’s tickets will be available for pick-up at BMO Field at Will Call prior to the game for which the tickets were provided. Valid government issued photo identification from the Contest Winner is required to pick up the tickets at Will Call. Contest Winners must attend the game for which game tickets are provided.
- General Rules: By entering this Contest, the nominator agrees (and by agreeing to accept a prize, the winning nominee agrees) to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsors, whose decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest, including without limitation, eligibility and /or disqualification of entries. Entries are subject to verification and are automatically void if forged, altered, or irregular in any way. The Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any nominator and his or her nominee who is found to have tampered in any way with the operation of the Contest.
The Sponsor and BMO are not responsible for (i) lost, late, damaged, destroyed, inaccurate, delayed, incomplete, unintelligible, non-delivered, misdirected or stolen entries; (ii) interrupted or unavailable network, broadband, satellite or telephone networks or lines, computer systems, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs, servers or providers, or other connections, availability or accessibility; (iii) unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iv) miscommunications, failed computer, telephone, cellular, satellite, or cable transmissions, lines or other technical failure; (v) jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (vi) any other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical, electronic or network, including, without limitation, any errors that may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest or in any Contest-related materials; or (vii) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
Each Contest Winner must complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release (collectively, the “Release”), without revision, within three (3) days of the Selection Date on which the Contest Winner was selected or the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternative winner. Each Contest Winner must be able to attend the award presentation game at which Contest Winner will be acknowledged. In the event Contest Winner is unable to attend such award presentation game, Contest Winner will be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternative winner. By accepting a prize and executing the Release, the Contest Winner, among other things: (a) agrees to hold harmless and release the Sponsor, BMO, the CFL Entities, BMO Field, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, shareholders, governors, employees, members, partners, advertising and promotions agencies, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, injury, expenses (including reasonable legal fees), damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) Contest Winner’s nominee’s participation in the Contest; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the Contest; (iii) the use of a winner’s name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy; and/or (iv) any travel or activity related to the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage. Additionally, the Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any nominee or winner or any person claiming through such nominee or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof or inability to continue the Contest, by reason of any act of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, kidnapping, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute, lockout, work slowdown or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, vandalism, or any other cause beyond the Released Parties’ sole control. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of the Sponsor may be disqualified. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual feared to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be found acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest.
In consideration for being awarded a prize, each Contest Winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of the winner’s name, photograph, biographical information and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by the Sponsor, BMO, CFL Entities, CFL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and designees. Each Contest Winner further acknowledges and agrees that he or she may be identified on the in-arena videoboard and announced as a BMO & Argos Community Coach winner on the public address system at BMO Field at the game he or she attends as a prize winner.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing or completing this Contest, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest is undermined by any event or cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to electronic disruption, virus, bugs, tampering, printing or production errors, work stoppage, lockout or other labor dispute, or other causes beyond Sponsors’ control that disrupt the administration, security or proper play of this Contest, the Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest without further obligation. If the Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award the prizes from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such event or cause. The Sponsor is not responsible if any game is delayed or cancelled for reasons beyond their control.