2021 CFL Schedule Released
TORONTO – The Toronto Argonauts Football Club announced on Friday the team’s schedule for the 2021 season.
For the first time in 595 days the Toronto Argonauts will be playing in a regular season game when they open their 2021 schedule at the friendly confines of BMO Field Saturday, June 19th at 5:00 p.m. vs. the rival Hamilton Tiger-Cats. This marks the fifth time in the last seven seasons the Argos have opened their schedule at home against their QEW enemies (2-2 in the previous four). For the second season in a row, Toronto will open with a Week 1 bye.
One of the most anticipated dates on the Argos schedule every year just got three times better! The Double Blue will be hosting three games during the Canadian National Exhibition when Ottawa comes to town Saturday, August 21st followed by Saskatchewan seven days later and a rare Wednesday tilt against the Ti-Cats on September 1st, a tune up for the Labour Day Classic. Free admission to the CNE included with the purchase of a game ticket.
Other highlights from the 2021 home schedule:
- Toronto’s Week 5 game vs. Calgary on July 10th will be a neutral site game but will officially be an Argos home game. This marks the second season in a row the Double Blue have played a neutral site game, having played the Montreal Alouettes in Moncton, New Brunswick in 2019 as part of the Touchdown Atlantic series. More details to come in the new year.
- Toronto will play four of its eight home games at BMO Field at night (7/7:30 p.m.); Two on Saturday nights and one each on a Thursday and Wednesday night. The four remaining BMO Field home games will all be late afternoon kickoffs, one at 5 p.m. and three slated for 4 p.m.
- The Boatmen host the most Saturday home games in the league this year with seven (including the neutral site game).
- The home opener against Hamilton will be Head Coach Ryan Dinwiddie’s long-awaited debut after being hired to lead the Argos in December of 2019. He brings with him a very successful pedigree from Calgary and an extremely exciting style of offence.
- The last home game of the year will be a spooky affair as Toronto plays host to Montreal on Halloween weekend, October 30th. The last time the Argos played on actual Halloween day was back in 1993 when they hosted Saskatchewan at SkyDome.
- Bye weeks in Week #1, Week #9 and Week #19.
Additional notes from the full schedule:
- Two preseason games will see Toronto and Hamilton play a home and home series on May 27th and June 3rd, which was the norm between 2003-2006 as each team would travel down the highway to play each other before the regular season started.
- The September 6th game vs. Hamilton will be the 50th chapter of the Labour Day Classic between the two rivals as the Boatmen look to win their first LDC since 2012.
- The Boatmen will play Hamilton four times in one regular season for the first time since 2012, going 3-1 and eventually winning the Grey Cup on home soil that year. If you include the preseason, these two teams will face off six times, which hasn’t happened since 2006.
- 2021 will see Toronto play their East Division rivals 10 times, which last happened in 2013 when Winnipeg was part of the East Division. The Argos went 6-4 against those teams that year.
- Toronto will play 10 of their 18 games on 8 or more days of rest, the most in the league this season. Contrary to that, they also lead the CFL with games on only five days rest; four.
- The Argos will play four straight games against West Division opponents (WPG, CGY, SSK, EDM) between Week 16 and 20 (bye in Week 19) with the final three of these games coming on the road.
- Four of Toronto’s nine away games will be played on Friday nights, as well as three on Thursdays, one on Saturday and one on Monday.
Season Ticket Memberships for the 2021 Argonauts season are now available. For a limited time only Members receive a 10% Bonus Credit for Food, Beverage & Special Merchandise at BMO Field. Buy now and take advantage of Early Bird Savings plus a 1% Down Interest Free Payment Plan.
Season Ticket Membership packages include 8 regular-season home games, one potential home playoff game, ticket-exchange policy, and other exclusive Member Benefits.
Visit Argonauts.ca or call 416-341-ARGO (2746) to secure your Membership today!