Argos 2020 Schedule Released
TORONTO – The Toronto Argonauts Football Club announced on Monday the team’s schedule for the 2020 season.
The Argos’ regular season will open on the road against the Ottawa Redblacks on Friday, June 12th at 7:00 p.m. ET, the first time Toronto has opened up vs. Ottawa since 2004 (then the Renegades). The Argos were 3-0 last season against Ottawa.
Back-to-back games during the CNE! For the first time since 2016 the Argos will play TWO games during the famous Canadian National Exhibition. Toronto welcomes Hamilton on Saturday, August 22nd at 4 p.m. and Montreal on Friday, August 28th at 7 p.m. Free admission to the CNE included with the purchase of a game ticket.
Other highlights from the 2020 home schedule:
- Toronto will play five of its eight home games at BMO Field at night (7 p.m.), down from seven in 2019; Three on Friday nights and two on Saturday nights. The three remaining home games will feature two late afternoon kickoffs at 4 p.m. and one game slated for 1 p.m., all on Saturdays.
- The preseason opener vs. Hamilton on May 28th will be a school day game, building off the success of last years game that saw Varsity Stadium packed with children cheering on the Argos. The school day game kicks off at 11 a.m.
- The 2020 home opener vs. Hamilton will be the fifth time since 2013 that the Argos have hosted their East rivals to kick off their home slate (2-2 in the previous four).
- Toronto’s Week 7 game vs. Saskatchewan will be a neutral site game but will officially be an Argos home game. This will be the second year in a row the Double Blue have played a neutral site game, having played Montreal in Moncton, New Brunswick last season as part of the Touchdown Atlantic series. More details to come in the new year.
- The last home game of the year will be a spooky affair as Toronto plays host to Edmonton on Halloween for a 1 p.m. afternoon kickoff. The last time the Argos played on October 31st was back in 1993 when they hosted Saskatchewan at SkyDome.
- Bye weeks in Week #3, Week #10 and Week #20.
Additional notes from the full schedule:
- In between Toronto’s Week 3 and Week 10 byes, the team will play six straight games vs. West Division opponents, three on the road (SSK, EDM, CGY) two at home (CGY, WPG) and one neutral site game (SSK).
- The September 7th game vs. Hamilton will be the 50th chapter of the Labour Day Classic between the two rivals as the Boatmen look to win their first LDC since 2012.
- The Montreal Alouettes are the lone East Division team that the Argos will square off with just twice for the second year in a row. The Boatmen play both Ottawa and Hamilton three times each again.
- Toronto will play on Thanksgiving Day at Montreal on Monday, October 12th for a 1 p.m. kickoff, the first turkey day game for the Argos since 2016. Playing on the holiday Monday was a common occurrence for the Double Blue between 2011 and 2016, playing five out of the six years.
Season Ticket Memberships for the 2020 Argonauts season are now available. Buy now to take advantage of 12-Days of Membership Prizing ending Saturday, Dec. 21st for a chance to win amazing items and experiences including lunch with Argos GM Pinball Clemons, a Toronto Marlies suite, Leafs and Raptors lower bowl tickets and much more. Fans have the opportunity to select from several affordable in-bowl seating options as well as a variety of premium seating clubs, lounges and suites. Season Ticket Membership packages include 8 regular season home games, one potential home playoff game, interest-free payment plans, an exclusive Member gift, 15% off merchandise and more!